Sunday 27 December 2009

On empty rings around the sun

I have experienced the 27th of December 19 times now, and it's safe to say this one is the worst. I hate my birthday as it is but my this one is deep down in the dumps. I guess it's all relative though, like I was reading in V for Vendetta, saying how the thunderclap is more impacting next to a deadly silence. Point being, last year I had a good birthday even if I did shrug it all off modestly and afterwards was still no fan it was just nice.
This one though, not so nice.
I get woken up being told it was my birthday as if I didn't know then having to get up and open cards in front of an audience. Afterwards I just wanted some peace and Dan time, but it's Christmas so that was not going to happen. The irony is though, before I was pissed off at people sat next to me but now I just want to watch The Dark Knight with someone.
Then it was off to my 'dads'. This is what blows about having two families, well one family and then a 'family', everything is doubled and rushed.
I just buried my face in V for Vendetta, then went upstairs to my room and watched Leon (which is a beautiful film and oh so very adorable).
The 'family' just think I am quiet but I'm not, I just hold my tongue as I think of all the words I want to say to them. They sure do royally piss me off. I have the 'dad' who is forever getting angry and shouting at nothing and just arguing at whoever is around. His girlfriend who is the most insufferable person I know, she's not even a bitch but I fight the urge to curb her constantly. And her son, what a twat. Over the years I have known him I have not once had a conversation with him.
Just being with them drains me. They are all against tattoos, piercings, dying your hair, anything at all that gives character they are against. I can't wait till I get my tattoo. And all their reasons for their hatred of all that is good is all based on nothing factual, it's all old wives tales.
One day I will snap, but until then I will remain healthy and bottle it all up.
I apologise for sounding all depressing and bitter, wait, why am I apologising? After all I am surely going to be the only audience to this. But anyway, I may sound bitter, hateful, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic and all their other friends however I am a happy person.
It's just that time of the year. Whoever said it was the most wonderful time of the year was obviously a liar...and a dick.

2 comments:

  1. A winter's day
    In a deep and dark December;
    I am alone,
    Gazing from my window to the streets below
    On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

    I've built walls,
    A fortress deep and mighty,
    That none may penetrate.
    I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
    It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

    Don't talk of love,
    But I've heard the words before;
    It's sleeping in my memory.
    I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
    If I never loved I never would have cried.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

    I have my books
    And my poetry to protect me;
    I am shielded in my armor,
    Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
    I touch no one and no one touches me.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

    And a rock feels no pain;
    And an island never cries.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah but you are uniquely you without support or reason
    be yourself
    forever prove
    yourself
    to be you are proud of
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete