Monday 5 July 2010

Nineteen.

Again, another long day.
They seem longer because now I do things whereas for the final half of last year I did shit all and had to kill time before going to bed only to wake up and do it all again. It was a sad existance. But now I do things.
Kinda.
These things are not a better existance. Work and the time around that is filled with dvds and such. Still, I am happy and I am fond of this point in time. Work is still a bitch but i have four weeks left, and assumming that I just do three day weeks that is just tweleve shifts. I can count that on my hands, and soon I'll be counting them on the one hand.
I can't wait until I clock off for the last time. It's a high posibility that I run through the store naked.

Other things in the life of Dan. I feel my age.
I was doing a survey and had to tick the third box that was 19-24.
I don't get asked for ID anywhere, but that'll change when I am a new face in a new town. 
There are many other things but I can't remember them so now I just look like a dick with two reasons here.
This could be a third, forgetful with my age, but I forget things all the time. I just don't listen to people.
Oh, and tonight there was a new kid in the bakery. Seems nice, a bit jockish, but because school is behind us all and I work with him it'll be no problem. He is seventeen, I wouldn't of guessed at first but now I know he looks it. Point is, his wages are teeny, four pound something an hour. And I was stood there being paid £6.12 for an hour of my time.
I'm not sure how I am feeling about this age stuff. At first I thought it was a bit sad, but now I am not so sure. The more years I clock up the more I will do with my life, the more people I will meet and the better I will get at things. Being eighteen was shit, too much hype for fuck all. Ninetine, it is an age I have grown to love. I feel like I have gained years of wisdom in a single year.
I'll say the same thing when I am twenty and look back on this moment and still think that I thought in a childish manner.

My pizza smells awful tasty so I must check it, then take it upstairs and show it a good time.
And by good time, I mean The OC.

No comments:

Post a Comment