Thursday 10 June 2010

Interruptions

The grey sky is breaking a little, and this reflects how I am feeling.
Lets start from the start of the day. I got up at five because I thought I had work. I went all the way to work and I looked at the rota. Good thing because I saw the big word OFF. How embarrassing, going to work at six on my day off.
It wasn't bad, I just got my jacket and went home and went back to bed.
Slept for an extra couple of hours then got up for my unexpected day off.
I jumped into DK2, not because I like it, because I hate it. I just wanted to finish it as soon as possible to be rid of it. And it was shockingly bad. Really sad because the first one was amazing.
This one just made no sense, you'd turn a page and think there must be some pages missing because it didn't follow. Or a superhero would turn up for no reason, and there was no justification for why anyone was anywhere and why they were doing what they were doing.
And the art! Miller can draw, he is good but he can't ink for shit. And then most the comic, it seems like he couldn't be arsed and everything is blocky and shit, rather than his raw style. And to make it worse, so much of it was just filled in on photoshop, but in the worst way possible. Using stupid effects that people use when they first get photoshop and think they are suddenly a graphic designer.
I have no idea what the story was, I think it was basically after the first novel, Batman went into hiding and built up an army ready to start a revolution because the government was bad. Except we see next to nothing of this government. Then the Justice League were there but they still worked for the government until Batman beat the shit out of Superman and opened his eyes. Sounds shit? Doesn't even cover it.
It felt like it was written by a man slipping down the slope of madness. Maybe it made sense in his head, but he forgot to tell everyone else.
Oh well, what can you do?

I went into town afterwards and bought a canvas. I said I'd buy the biggest one in the shop, until I saw the biggest one, pussied out, and got the second biggest.
Walk home was windy and fun. I was like a sail boat.
Got home, took forever finding stuff, and then finally got down to painting. Half way through I remembered oils take a while to dry so I got the back ground sorted and now I wait.
It's a pretty sweet background, it'll be a shame to cover most of it.

Work tomorrow. For sure, I triple checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment