Tuesday 29 June 2010

Terrorism, self esteem and Colin Hay.

"Two planes landed in ENGLAND today, one carrying 23 overpaid, under achieving, footballers with ego's to match their wallets...and the other seven men who's coffins were draped in the union jack, who died for this country. These are the real hero's we should be supporting, these men and women who give their lives so we can live in a free world. THESE ARE THE PRIDE OF ENGLAND.....R.I.P. re post if you agree!!"


These kind of things piss me off so much, it's almost untrue. But it is true, and it pisses me off. 
I didn't lay into some of the people who posted it on facebook, but I shall vent it here. 
Free world? What a load of shit. How is it a free world when you invade and kill any place that disagree with you. 
I don't support terrorism, two wrongs don't make a right. However, I wouldn't say I condone it either. It's easy to call someone a terrorist when they attack you but people fail to look at themselves to see why they would provoke such an attack. 
Look at Che. America branded him a terrorist, yet the world praises his name a a freedom fighter and his face is pasted on just about everything. Flags to thongs, wallets to t shirts and that is a sad reality in itself. Point being, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. 
Best leave it here now before I say something silly because I am uneducated in it all, but still I'll throw around my opinions haphazardly. 


While I a bitching; Loraine. Or is it two r's? 
My dad's girlfriend. Or is it fiancĂ©e? 
A confusing subject to say the least. 
Generally I hate her even though she is not a malicious being yet the other day I started to feel sorry for her. I noticed she was in a relationship with my fake dad, and for anyone to love him and be happy with him must have the lowest self esteem in the world. I imagine she'd be the kind of person that if she was being beaten, she would blame herself. 
I didn't feel sorry for her for long, self esteem is not my problem. The name says it all, self esteem. Self. 
I'm a bad person, I don't feel sorry for people if their self esteem is low. It's in their hands, they can change it. Willpower. Nothing magical. 


Lets end on a positive. Would you believe it, today was the first time I have played Waiting For My Real Life to Begin. I printed the chords off when I first heard it, back when I was shit at guitar and couldn't play it and never tried since. 
I fixed that today, and my my I sounded good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment