Tuesday 14 September 2010

Thai Green Curry of Awesomeness.

Good day, good day.
Began with paint and recipe research, then list making.
Shop in Morrisons. I always avoid looking at Oven Fresh incase anyone is there, not because I don't want to see them, I just want to see them at Christmas and not now because I feel bad for leaving them a bit high and dry and here I am still.
From getting back I spent all afternoon in the kitchen.
Started with sticky chocolate pecan pie. Prepped my crab cakes. Made a thai green curry paste from scratch.
Then I butchered an entire chicken after seeing it on Masterchef and having the urge to do it. I will say I did a fine job of it too, not an ounce of meat left on the bone.
After that it was just putting together the green curry and making kung po chicken. Oh, and splitting two coconuts which was awkward.
I was busy from getting in, until finally sitting down. And I loved it.
We got some jasmine rice too, which I thought was expensive, then I tasted it and saw exactly why it was priced that way.
I was worried about cooking for Ray because he is a very picky eater, but I hit his pallet perfectly. He gave me the greatest compliment of the evening, but it was just the way he ate everything and then some more. Top of the world, I am.
Ray is top man, I remember when I first met him and he taught me loads of history and tonight I was watching him do similar with Curtis. Heartwarming.
Then of course spending time with my Gran was great.
And another thing that was great was my thai green curry. I will honestly say that it is the best thing I have ever cooked. It was beautifully fresh and fragrant, but what else would you expect when everything I bought was fresh and fragrant, even down to the lemon grass.
The kung po was lovely and sticky, but not a patch on the other.
Crab cakes were lush, but I still don't know how the Thai in town make theirs, just like I can't make tofu soak up curry like they do. I have time to work it out.
The pecan pie was a beautiful success.
Happy times. And with being busy all day I totally forgot to have breakfast and dinner so I was totally ready for it.
I want to eat that green curry forever it was so good.
I'll have to do it again.

Now I just need to pack. I shall do that tomorrow. Sort out my clothes and organise a few bits to where for the next couple of days. I already know what to wear when I go down to Somerset, I have known for well over a week.

Ah, I love Lembit Opik. He is so lovable but I can't put my tongue on the reason.
And I love Gordon Ramsey, he is on tv now so you are being replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment