Thursday 26 August 2010

The fears of a delusional mind.

I'm really quite emotional, teetering towards sad.
I just watched DIY SOS, a great show but that was to be expected. It was just emotional, so much crying and happiness.
However, as always, I got thinking. I got thinking about how sad the world must be to warrant such a reaction to the kindness of heart. Breaking down in tears just because someone has been good towards you for no fee at all. Money doesn't make the world go round, we just think it does. People can be kind towards each other just to feel the warmth of goodness, rather than a fat wallet in their pocket.
It was inspiring, to see good people as I am such a cynic when it comes to my world view.
But fuck me, must every thought I have be the spanner in the works of my life plan? There is no way that I could build myself four walls, and live within them with a wonderful and beautiful family. I could lose myself in that life though, but I know that I would awake one day to see that I hadn't given anything to the world and revolt.
No, no. I can't plan my life. I will go to uni, be awesome and take it all in. Afterwards I shall see where I stand, and where I can go. Hopefully I shall balance my life by doing what I find fun to pass the time and also cram in some soulful activities. Make a difference somewhere.
I'd like to write songs, and get them heard and for people to act upon them. I'd like to paint a picture that stops the world in it's tracks and causes it to think for just a minute.
I want people to see and think like me, for if we all did we would live in the most wonderful world.

Yet this is far from the case. The world is only getting darker. Contactless technology; clever stuff, hey? Sure, but it would seem that in our life time not only do they wish to make cheques redundant, they also wish to make cash redundant. Yeah, it's not a terrible thing is it. Without physical cash crime is surely going to take a hit, and no need to print it in the first place so the planet is pretty pleased too.
Passports have chips in these days, and if your finances are on a chip too then it is just a matter of time before the two are one. Your entire identity and wealth in the palm of your hand.
So why not throw in a tracking device? Or if you don't abide by the law, they just delete all the money on your chip. How about a lovely big brother type state?
New World Order. That is where it is all heading. One government and one state, no one left to rage war with at least but first you must conquer the earth. Then having one entity in power of the entire planet, fucking scary shit right there.
Nope, give me a world with diversity, culture and openness. Freedom, the ability to disappear and to have an identity that is more than a chip. A world governed by the kindness of heart.
Call me paranoid and call me crazy. Maybe I am, maybe this will never happen but I can't help but fear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment