Tuesday 17 August 2010

I saw the oceans daughter.

Back in the Bux.
I am quite happy about this, in a way. I felt ready to come home as there isn't so much to do on holiday other than reading, drawing and listening to music.
It was great, lovely and hot and simple and care free. Other than the lack of a room and a bed, which resulted in a painful experience with an ancient, and tiny, camp bed and so I made do with a sofa. Not all bad, I was pissed the first day or two but I had no reason to be as I was just grasping and wants. So I let go and had an excellent time free from resentment.
I'm no good at sun worshipping, I get bored and I don't pretend that I tan. I don't. And plus, I am not insecure about my skin tone. So instead of getting a load of sunbathing done, I got a good deal of drawing done. And my book, Kavalier and Clay, oh how wonderful it is.
I also got my much wanted morning swim in the sea. Not sure what time but I was the only one in the sea let alone the beach. But I didn't spend much time on the beach, though my love for the sea is like no other my dislike towards people is somewhat greater. I couldn't be bothered with all those bodies ruining my sanctuary. I got a couple of mornings to myself, and a fair few nights too. No night swimming for that would of been silly, especially because of all the Long Island Ice Teas I was consuming. One night involved three of them, not to mention all the beer and shots and to top it off the best game of darts ever.
Sadly, the Alobar was not a patch on last time. No music, and it was always dead. Yet the scenery had not changed so it was still beautiful to sit there in a deck chair, over looking the sea with a  drink in hand.
Nope, the place to be this year was Robin's Nest. It's run by some woman from Chicago and she's been there since the seventies and it is always fun with the darts, music, dressing up box and it's beautiful bohemian feeling. The bar is inside, and it is just the size of a bar this room. The toilets are just some out building, and everything is outside underneath this gorgeous tree. There is a little bit of a roof in one corner which is just a wooden lean-too. Seats worked into the walls. It's ace. And now there is loads of art on the walls. The cocktails are nothing special, or that could just be because I have been to real cocktail bars with proper barmen.
To some the week up:

  • Drink
  • Sun
  • Sea
  • Pool
  • Food
  • More drink
  • More food
  • Even more drink
  • Little more food
  • Reading
  • Music
  • Drawing
  • And drink.
Also, popped my karaoke virginity and made a friend on the dance floor.
What was surprising though was my sexual placidity. I thought that with all the almost naked woman around that I would be fit to burst. Not the case at all. It would seem that I am no longer that pit of raging hormones of a teenager anymore.
Another factor was because I just felt lonely, not in a sexual way, in the way of company and the emotional sense. Being surrounded by couples will the the root to that feeling. I only have to wait another month before I move, it's arrogant to think that I will find someone at uni but hey. And there will be people there, and I will fancy them, and I shall do something about that and we can only see what happens there.

I had the worst dream ever while I was away. It truly was.
Basic dream setting, nothing extraordinary, a party of some sort then in some heated passion I killed someone. Everything after that was panic, what was I going to do. Hide the body? Confess? Run away? Kill myself? It felt so real which was awful, I was running around wishing that it was a dream but it didn't feel like a dream and I wouldn't wake up no matter how much I wished it and pinched myself. Finally I took the dead mans car keys and I was going to drive myself off a cliff, then I woke up and I have never been more relieved. A good sign that I probably have good morals somewhere if a dream about killing a man ruined me.

I am in love. I kid you not. On the plane home I was in the aisle seat next to some people I didn't know and in the aisle next to me was this girl. This beautiful, amazing girl. Ciara I think her name was, at least that was the name on the back of her hoody. I didn't even talk to her but she looked like probably the coolest person in the world. I imagine that her personality and character are second to none. Even her feet were the most beautiful I have ever seen. But again, I wanted nothing sexual, I could not taint her beauty by imagining joining the Mile High Club with her. No, I just wanted to sit next to her, be the shoulder her head could sleep on, hold hands and just be there together in a simple embrace of warmth and true love. I don't know if I believe in true love, love at first sight and the one, but I'm not sure if this affinity is because these things are true, or was it just because I was sat next to a uniquely gorgeous girl and I imagined up her perfection and fell in love with that.
Whatever the answer, I know I will be thinking of her for some time.

There is nothing more revitalising that lying down in the sun under a perfectly blue sky and listening to ELO's Mr. Blue Sky. Completely weightless and free, feeling just like the endless blue of Mr. Blue Sky.
However, I think this is more fitting considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment