Sunday 29 August 2010

The Venus Project

I watched Zeitgeist Addendum the other night. Like with most things these days, I cried. The world is more awful than I thought. Money is evil, and makes no sense. Money is debt, debt is money and there will never be enough money to pay the debt because of interest. Create more money to pay the interest means you're creating more debt which more interest will grow upon. A truly wonderful perpetual cycle.
The monetary system is bad, a resource based economy is the way forward. We may realise this soon because the money/debt issue leads to bankruptcy all the time, and the US may go bankrupt within the decade. In a sadistic and selfish way, I hope it does because I have always wanted some grand occurrence during my life time. It could be the key to a revolution, a way of life like the Venus Project.
A boy can only dream.
This was the problem, I feel like I can only dream. I feel like I have no voice in the matter. I feel so powerless against the huge machines. But, I say to myself, I am young. I have time to at least make my voice heard even if it is to just one other person. Or find somewhere with many like me, and feel like a part of a movement.
Failing all this, I can always take solace in the fact that I can see things for what they are. I say it often, and I shall say it again, ignorance is not bliss.

Taking the spotlight away from the turmoil of my soul, my room appears tidy. It's not, but it seems organised, giving the illusion of tidy. I started to gather stuff for my ever approaching move. I boxed up my books, I need another box for my graphic novels (because I am that cool) and then I alphabetized my dvds. Three foot of neatly organised dvds making my room look orderly.
Gutted under my bed, truly awful job. Threw out several bags of crap and now I need to go to Ikea. I am awfully excited, however I got my first sinking feeling of worry the other day, the old what if I get stuck with shit people. That passed, I can't wait to go. Talk to new people and get to know all about them. And after a year with me, one of them is bound to like Third Eye Blind/Firefly.

3 comments:

  1. www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how young you are, but remember us old folks will eventually die off. So talk to all your young friend about the resource based economy. You young folks may just bring about the change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a good debate with my friends the other day about terrorism, money and the world.
    only one of them understood what i was saying,
    the rest though, kinda had to question why i was friends with them.

    ReplyDelete