Sunday 11 April 2010

Paper is more patient than man.

Dear Kitty,
Today has been a most wonderful day. Waking up when I wanted to, which happened to be ten o'clock in the morning. Then the day was mine, whatever I wanted to could be done and the first thing I did was lie there listen to the entirety of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. It's still the best album in the world, would you not agree?
After my amazing lie in I came downstairs where I had a breakfast muffin and remained in the kitchen where I made a lemon meringue pie. A beautiful one at that.
And with it being such a nice day I made up some iced tea and coffee. I'm drinking some of that iced tea right now - citrusy.
I was planning on going out into the sun and doing some art related things but as far as I got was sketching up a self portrait. Or should I call it a many selves portrait? Or would it be a many self's portrait? Well it is one of those and that is as far as I got. Now I think of it I don't really know where all the day went, I must of been in the kitchen longer than I imagined.
Oh yes, that was it. I did go outside but that involved younger siblings and water pistols.
I shall be good tomorrow.

I really want to go to every festival this year as each one has somebody I really want to see. Download has Aerosmith. V has the EELS. Leeds/Reading has blink-182 and Arcade Fire and probably more. That one down south has The Mountain Goats. Y Not has Turin Brakes. I shall enquire at work to see about a weekend off and then I may go to Y Not because I really fancy a festival this year. I have been to two and each one I didn't have a massive urge to go to before hand. Now this year I have a huge urge and have had to turn down numerous offers as I know how strapped for cash I will be in September if all works out well. Then I am going to Greece as it is which will cost me. Anyway, it all depends on work because if I can't have the time off I can't go and I am already quitting early because of my holiday.
So about all these festivals, I was feeling rather pissed off to be missing out on so much, but then I remembered all about Third Eye Blind. If they are the only band I see this year, it will still be the best year for gigs ever.
Things might just work out because just the other day a Turin Brakes song found me and it had a most marvelous video to go with it. It's my favourite song of the moment and I'm sure it's going to have a big play count at the end of summer.
Here it is:

I started the diary of Anne Frank tonight while listening to In The Aeroplane Over The Sea again because you know how I love a multimedia life.
I'm sure this book will be an emotional roller coster just like I Am Legend, only this book is far from fiction.
Reading her book showed me why I love doing things like this, hence why I have done todays post in a similar fashion to hers. I'm nothing special and I'm just like her when I want to live on in some way. I'd love to have an audience as big as hers reading my words, and I sure have enough words to fill several books.
Paper truly is more patient than man.
It's been lovely talking. I'll keep in touch.
Yours,
Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment