Saturday 17 April 2010

That was the river. This is the sea.

I write this as I lie in a peculiar position. Reason is that it makes me back feel better. It always aches, probably because of the way I lie, or sometimes I sit on the sofa so my back is on the arm and it's hard but the tv is too engrossing to go find a cushion. Such is my life.
And I no doubt stand all wrong leading to more aches.
You wonder why I say I want to die young. I creak like a staircase and it's only going to get worse. Imagine another sixty years of things getting worse, they'd be nothing left of me by then.
And old people in general piss me off. They are annoying and do annoying things, make annoying noise, wear annoying things. You get the idea, annoying.
Yet it's not all doom and gloom, my gran is the one person who makes me think getting old wont be bad. I'm sure I wont lose my character while I sink into my elderly years so I am also sure that I could grow old in style just like her.
We're off topic now, my first sentence got away into pointless chit-chat.
The sunset is nice, I know this because I am in the west facing bedroom and get to enjoy the whole splendor of it. Despite using the window ledge to work on I didn't get pissed off with the sun, nope, he's just too gosh darn lovable.
I just finished my Joe Strummer painting. I say finished, I'm debating whether or not to put his name on there.
All in all it's been another lovely afternoon basking in sun and Strummer.
But wait! Things can get better than that.
Remember that song off the Deadliest Catch advert, well, I found it. This Is The Sea by The Waterboys. I found it last night and listened to it and it just made me want to cry. Pure emotion overload.
Now I know why I left a space in my Top Five Songs list.
I must invest in some Waterboys albums because I like some other songs of theirs.
It's such a great song to leave on repeat because it only has the two repeated chords for the whole length and the end flows back into the start, much like Your Hand In Mine or Paint The Silence. And it's a long song, listen to it ten times over and an hour has gone and by hour two it's still beautiful.
I'm happy, I notice this because I ramble on without care. I blame Anne Frank a little too, she witters on (I wonder if that's why it's called Twitter?) in a similar fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment