Saturday 29 May 2010

Every little bit hurts.

Torn.
Tv is shite tonight, more than normal so I'm in hiding and can't decide what film to watch.
I finished The Dark Knight Returns earlier and thought I wanted Batman Begins, but then I thought I wanted The Dark Knight.
Now I am thinking Leon.
Each one stars Gary Oldman so whatever I chose, it'll be a winner.

Seems like only yesterday I was writing my weeks hours, and now it's all over until Monday.
It's been a killer. Caught up with me today, I got home, ate, slept, woke up, ate, read and now I am here and I want to sleep again.
I'm not getting up tomorrow until at least dinner time, I shall force the sleep on myself if needs be but I'm pretty sure that wont be necessary.

Good news. My sisters guinea pigs got taken to the vet to be put down.
It's good because it needed to happen. Their lives were just a sad and painful existence.
It's also sad that when people can't be bothered with pets they can just have them knocked off for a fee.
This is sorta the case this time round too. My sister didn't care about them no matter what she said. From day one she has been constantly been told to look after them, feed them and clean them out. She'd just go out and forget to feed them and wouldn't tell anyone to do it for her. She picked them up about three times. Despite this she still was adamant that she did actually want them and they weren't a hinderance.
Ignoring this though, putting them down was humane as they were covered in soars. I knew them were a bit patchy and had scabs but they just kept getting worse and I only noticed how bad when I was doing a sculpture outside and they would cry from pain all the time because they had to itch the soars.
I'm not a pet fan but it broke my heart. For a couple of weeks I took it upon myself to give them some love, tried to get them used to people and put some antiseptic on them. It was rewarding but they were not my responsibility and I have my own things to do.
This is why I don't want pets. I know that my attention span would fail them, and I wouldn't love them but find them an annoying waste of my resources.
Maybe this will change one day, say if I had a family, then I would already have roots and responsibility so a pet would fit in, right at home you could say. Even then, I still see myself with a fish or a tortoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment