Monday 24 May 2010

You don't know what you've Lost until it's gone.

Me legs are solid today, solid with aches. And I recently found some aches in my ribs. Not a clue to why this is so because it's not like I did any hard work the other evening. And last night was a walk to lie in the park.
Oh well.

I really need to rejuvenate my Sin City and Transmetropolitan piles and I also need to get the other two "Big Music" albums by The Waterboys.
Yet today I decided to sit in the sun and start reading The Dark Knight Returns again because it is truly beautiful. This then made me order the sequel to it and some other books so that when I finish it I can read DK2 while everything is fresh.
Not sure what to expect from it because never before has the comment mixed reviews been more fitting.

No more Lost for Dan. I loved it from the start, then by season three I was a creature of habit rather than love. Season five didn't get the attention it deserved from me because I used to sit on msn while watching tv and films. Now I don't, my sister has that role now. While on that subject, it would seem I taught her well, but not well enough because she fell out with her best friend about her best friends boyfriend (or for the younger audience, she fell out with her bff over her bff's bf). Post that drama, guess who has a boyfriend? My sister, and guess who it is? Her ex-best friends ex!
I had to laugh. I may of even said it wouldn't last. I can't help it, as I said, I find teenage life hilariously tragic.
But back to what matters, Lost.
Season six started with me thinking a weight would be lifted once it ended because it would be over and I wouldn't need to keep watching.
What a finale! I was hoping for ambiguity and unanswered questions but with it being such a phenomenon my brain did not think this would be so.
My hopes were rewarded big time. I called the final image and got it right, though it was pretty obvious as the show has a lot of eye opening in it, it started with Jack opening his eyes so of course it would only make sense for it to end with Jack closing his eyes.
The ending lead you towards certain answers but there are still a million blanks to fill in and think about. Like Ben. He was my favourite, after Charlie and Claire. Ben though, he was there in the sideways reality so does that mean he had died? He didn't go into the church though, so he might of still been alive. Hugo was in the Church though so that possibly means he was dead and if so I bet he gave the Island to Ben to look after. Nothing is clear cut, this is just one of the many theories I shall be thinking about and reading about on the internet for a while yet.
It was an emotional two hours for me, I think I cried when every couple got back together, especially Claire and Charlie. They are the cutest thing ever.
I'm also pleased that everything that happened did actually happen, that none of it was some dream or purgatory. Except for the sideways reality which is heavily indicated to be an after life.
Despite my mixed feelings for the show over the last six years, after that finale I am going to miss it lots. I just want to be in that happy place forever where everyone found each other and radiated warm feelings in every direction.
And I swear it shows
Heaven must be just like this
I love this song as it is, makes me thing of glorious, sunny days like this one. Or beautiful evenings like last night. It's endless sky and golden sun captured in a single song, but now it will also make me thing of that beautiful after life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment