Thursday 27 May 2010

My new book smells delicious.

I got round to watching The Jacket today. I've wanted to see it since before it came out in the cinema because I got some free advertising merchandise from the film.
It was good, I thought it may of been hit and miss, but it wasn't.
And it's a good film to compliment the recent Lost finale with time travel and alternate universes.
It set a good atmosphere for itself to begin with, made it feel like an old psychological thriller but then as it went on it threw in more modern takes.
And a happy ending for once, he died and remained in the future world. Or did he? Maybe he was actually crazy all along and nothing was true. All a figment of his broken imagination.
Like I said, complimented Lost greatly. That's good for me because I do sorely miss it.
I have nothing now, Lost is over forever, Deadliest Catch season is finished, True Blood season is finished. No Dexter, no CSI. Firefly...All I have at the moment is Castle.
One single hour of tv a week.

Growing up is still a surreal thing. Drinks last night with friends and we all talked about work, and careers. I feel like I should still be talking about these things like they are far off, but they are happening now.
There is no grand defining moments, it all just merges slowly together without any knowledge of it occurring.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. A childhood leading to no grand point of coming of age, but maybe I like it this way, how it just happens. Falls into place naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment