Monday 31 May 2010

The shop is shut, please fuck off.

I've been so fixated on leaving Morrisons I often forget the reasons to why I am leaving.
They pop into my head and I get that excited feeling.
In a matter of months I will be in a room with people almost as cool as me, learning awesome stuff. I'll be living in Somerset too.
But in the excitement of these thoughts I then forget that I am leaving Buxton. This is not seen as a sad time, I can't say for sure what I will feel on the day I leave, but I'm happy about leaving.
There is nothing here anyway, obviously not including friends and family but even then my friends are off to their universities. After that though, there is little here. It's nice enough, I take it in often, just yesterday in fact when I was sat in the big bay windows upstairs at the Clubhouse and I got to over look all the luscious trees in the warm sun. The buildings are very pretty in this town too.
I can't help it, I'm attracted to change and new things.
I have no idea where I want to live when I grow up. Probably near the sea, but there is nowhere in the UK that I find appealing and by the sea. Actually, I can't think of anywhere in this country where I'd like to live, it's all so horribly British.
As I said, these are the thoughts that spend most the days suppressed by the giant that is me quitting my job.
I might cry when I walk out for the last time from pure elation. Emotional breakdown in the car park.
It really is that bad, for me anyway.

My favourite films have shifted again. The Dark Knight really is the best film of all time. It has everything in it that makes a great film great, and on top of that it has Batman.
I'll miss the Joker. All good things in my life end; Firefly, Heath Ledger's Joker, Third Eye Blind gigs - all good things.
This is my favourite bit of the whole film. This and the prologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment