Monday 10 May 2010

Under maintenance.

A big day today, I'm off to see my dad. Since Christmas the times I've been there can be counted on a single hand.
It's not my fault, I had hardcore hours and then between those I was working on my portfolio, he should of made the effort and arranged to do something around my schedule. The word effort is one that has never been used to describe my father, and I don't care. Everything there is awkward and staged.
I have no idea what to do about them when I move away. Nothing has ever been done to make me hate them so I have no reason to cut them away, I'll just look impolite if I did. Shit, I just thought about being an adult, like proper grown up. It's going to be even more awkward then. Something to look forward to.

I went to school today, nice walk there. Talked to my old teachers about my new news and arranged an appointment to do my reference. Not that it matters, my foot is in the door and I've had the interview already so no need to be eye catching.
Personal statement is done too. First draft was forty-two lines out of forty-five. That close to perfection that my first draft will be my final draft. I might add one ore sentence to get to forty-five lines.
I took no advice from the leaflets I had because it really doesn't matter, and I like the honest tone I put into things about myself.
I was thinking today, I'm going to be a shit father when it comes to offering advice. Sorry son, I can't help with that problem for I am a bastard with no special talent who got things too easy. Well, there is plenty of time for failure and rejection to change my tune. It'll come.

And now with that interview done I can finally start to make this look pretty. I have ideas of what I want in the background and such but these will change once I find out that I can't do them. Or I'll find a pre-made template. But right now I'm feeling ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment