Saturday 15 May 2010

Just to see you, I'll give you anything.



It actually happened. Before they came on it didn't feel real. While they were playing it didn't feel real, and still now I can't quite believe it.
Since February I have been saying that seeing Third Eye Blind would be the best night of my life, and all that hype didn't even cover how amazing it was. I can honestly say that it was the best night of my life and it is going to take something huge to come close to that feeling, let alone beat it.
Motorcycle Drive By was, of course, the best part of the night for me. But the whole night, two thousand people who knew every word and sang their hearts out.
It was a room filled with ten years of excitement, apprehension, want and loyalty. But I still think Bev and myself were the most enthused there.
I could go on and on but the words are so hard to find. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but when I say I love music I mean it.
He promised to come back. Spent the whole night being sincere and being overwhelmed that the UK still care. I am aware he must say things like that at every show, but this was his first time playing in the UK for a decade so having a sold out crowd full of passion, I'd be taken back.
And his stage presence, fucking hot! It was the best gig ever and not just because it was Third Eye Blind, it just was the best show. It wasn't just coming out to play songs, it was a crafted show which has a perfect ending to numb the pain of their leaving.
It was the best.
Got my t-shirt. Red one, Third Eye Blind across the top, picture of a bike underneath and under that it says "the best music in the world". The day this t-shirt falls apart, I will fall apart.

I have to stop talking about Third Eye Blind now else I shall never stop.
The rest of my time in London was good. Bev and myself owned the Tube. I went on as a kid once but this time our journey was in our own hands, but it is so easy. Just we had to catch a train at half past five. Crazy busy, made crazier as someone decided to jump under a train.
I like the Underground. It's a pretty place. Made me think about Creep which was a nice confined film. A good film until half way through and all the unknown was lost.
That was most the sight seeing. Bev was looking forward to taking me and going to see things she hasn't seen but then money was tight for Seb so we watched District 9 instead. Suited me just fine as waking up to a film is much loved by me, and when it's a film as good as District 9 then my day feels like an outstanding success. We went to the falafel shop where I was told about the friendly woman, and she certainly was. And she did freakin' beautiful falafels.
Day continues at a dead pace. Probably not a bad thing because from the moment Bev and I walked out the gig we were well depressed. The massive excitement high, then Third Eye Blind high had ended and it was a very long way down. Not to mention we had eaten more sweets than any other food.
Coming home took no time at all really. There and back we had no radio or speakers, just a laptop with an hours worth of battery for music which was strategically chosen when to be played.
Not all bad because the two of us can talk forever and literally are on one and others brainwaves because we will often break out into the exact same song at the exact same time. That was done yesterday again.

Without doubt, the best night ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment