Wednesday 19 May 2010

Woks & stripes.

It's been a while since I had to set an alarm for five in the morning. That time without it has been the best.
Tomorrow morning is going to be shit.
Week will soon be done though, time has a habit of flying when early shifts are crammed together. Then that is another week done away with bringing me ever closer to August.
I don't think I will ever be more ready for a holiday.

I made a Thai meal tonight. Everything, and I'll happily blow my trumpet and say that it was good. Made what I assumed a key lime pie was, but after searching now I realise mine was not. I made a lime meringue pie instead, but still it was good and we all had seconds and now there is not a morsel of food left. Bev asked me why am I so good at everything and proceeded to list all that she thought I was good at. Very sweet of her.
Still, I think I'm not as good as people say. Just average Dan with no special talents.
However, I do hope I'm the best cook when I go to uni. I want to impress people with my food. I just like cooking for people.

I'm looking forward to turning this off now and sleeping because I am worn out from doing very little all day apart from a few hours in the kitchen. I blame the beer and coffee free day.
I'd dare say that it is summer now because my window is now firmly open all day and all night. It brings the world into my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment