Sunday 2 May 2010

Food for thought.

I forget about the tree best things I have ever eaten. Sometimes I'll be thinking long and hard and I wont be able to pin point some orgasmic taste.
Tonight I am reminding my taste buds as my butter chicken from that place I like is on its way and this dish would come in at number three.
Number two would be that mystery piece of pecan pie I had. No idea who made it, if it was fresh or factory made but it matters not because I about died of pleasure with that in my mouth. I desperately need to make a pecan pie, I was going to but I could only find chopped pecans at the time and I wanted whole ones. For both aesthetic reasons and a bigger crunch for contrast. I'm not sure if I wish to work with Heston Blumenthal, or that I had the idea to mix science with food first. Not that this really matters because this goes in that huge old pile of those wishes of mine which are worth as much as their weight - which is none, because they have no weight as they're merely thoughts.
Back on track.
As my memory serves I think I know what the best thing I have ever eaten. Salt and pepper squid from The Laughing Buddha.
I enjoy squid as it is, once on holiday I ate a whole one to myself. Fried tentacles, yum!
Now this particular dish was lush beyond all belief, the guy there recommended it to me and I'm so very happy that I listened.
I also love just an orgy of food. Curry on pizza with a pile of special fried noodles on the side followed with something with fruit in, or maybe suet, or marshmallow log. That sort of thing is all very good, amazing even but the above three are the only three that I can recall that have made me pause to say to myself: "This is the best thing I've eve had in my mouth".
Now I must end this talk of food as my curry is here.
Times are kind to Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment