Tuesday 5 January 2010

and Gotham will sleep soundly tonight.


The Dark Knight triumphant! 
I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum today. Probably the best game I have ever played.
Comic book games aren't generally that good as they are aimed at the younger audience, with exception to The Punisher.
This game was different and it was very dark, just like Gotham should be. It still had a comic book charm to it but balanced it with realism. Throw in some upgrades by gaining experience makes sure no interest is lost, and the upgrades and gadgets you get makes taking out enemies all the more fun.
The attention to detail is marvelous too. As you go through the game your suit gets more beat up and torn.
And it's an incredibly beautiful game. The artwork is a fantastic take on what we are used to in the comics and in my opinion I prefer it as it makes the characters seem more realistic.
The best thing about it is that it makes you feel like you are Batman, from exchanging fisticuffs with henchmen to hiding in the shadows.
The final cutscene hints at a sequel and I do hope so. Just as long as it's not rushed.

And for the obvious. Snow.
It's everywhere and we all know it. You'd think that an annual occurrence would not generate so much panic.
Oh my God! Massive disruption!
It's hardly that bad really, is it? And if the snow kills anyone it would only be natural selection, something we have hardly any of nowadays.
I do like the snow. I like the effect is has on people. We try to control everything we can, then it snows and we stand there thinking "shit...can't do anything now".
It snowed last year yet we all seem to be surprised that it's snowed again this year.
And you know what? I bet if it snows next year we'll still be just as surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment