Monday 4 January 2010

what are you listening to, Dan? Oh you know, the same song over and over again

For those who care I did escape the crazy nightmare realm, and it only took half an hour.


I'm just like you people as when I sleep I quite often have dreams. Last night I dreamt that Julia Nunes was my best friend again. I say again because last year I dreamt she was my best friend.
If you are asking who Julia Nunes is then I am also guessing you have no idea what the little website YouTube is.
I enjoyed my dream but upon waking my life felt as if it had a Julia shaped hole in it. Assuming of course that she is in fact just as I dreamt.
I'm willing to take that chance.
Those dreams are up there with my favourites.
Others including when I met Mary Jane Watson, a zombie apocalypse and that time I was a vampire.
Then there was the time last year when a week before seeing Saw VI I watched all the other Saw films and had the most horrific and disturbing dreams ever.
I don't think dreams are some insight on you're true self.
I think they are more of a mixed up jigsaw that has been forced together. Each little peace is there but they don't fit together to reveal anything.
Say if you have a dream where you kiss somebody you hate, that is not a sign that you actually love the person. That person would be on your mind because you hate them, and because they are on your mind they are in your dreams.
There's no consciousness to your dreams.
Apart from that one time I knew I was in a dream, and that my friends is lucid dreaming.
A feat I wish I possessed every night.


I'm sure you have all wondered before who wrote the best album ever.
Well you're in luck because I know the answer to that. Neutral Milk Hotel.
Their album In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is the best album ever written. Fact.
And today I was listening to them and stumbled upon this song:
Oh Sister

This song never did make it on the album, like many songs because Mangum writes very long songs which get cut up into many. 
This song I fell in love with instantly. It has the same story as the album and references many songs from the album which is my favouritest thing in the world. 
I love Angels & Airwaves and how their songs sometimes mix into other ones, but this song blew me away. It has the same lines from songs all over the album. 
When my day started I still had a vacancy in my Top Five Songs. I think that vacancy has been filled. 


Rose Wallace Goldaline just moves her mouth over anything 
Fleshy free and flowering with oranges out in the open
But don't you waste your sins again
She don't need you or won't fuck your friends 
And you, you're American, so important boiling over 
To prove that she must still exist
She moves herself about her fist 
And never ever gave a shit
About all those words you're wasting again 
Some pretty bright and bubbly wondrous dream
You'd like to kill and claim 
And claim her as your own
But don't you worry 
All those dainty and dirty emotions
Just go away and fade out on their own 
Sister, now that we're grieving 
Our fingers will falter
Our lungs will be leaking 
All over each other and without even speaking
We'll know that it's over and smile and go greeting 
Whatever comes next




No comments:

Post a Comment