Saturday 23 January 2010

The ends not near, it's here!


That's right, the end is here. End Times arrived! 
The house was empty when I came downstairs and I could see post on the floor. I excitedly ran down the stairs and found a parcel buried under the various envelopes. 
It got better, it was cd shaped and said Amazon on. 
My name too. 
Rip it open, and there it was. The picture I have been looking at for a very long time in my hands. 
To the back room, cd player on, up the volume, make coffee and sit and listen. 

I was happy the house was empty as that meant I could have it as loud as I wanted and be free from interruptions. 
Apart from the phone did ring once, but I decided it probably wasn't going to be important so left it be. 
It was the best way to spend any morning. Lay on a sofa, engrossed in new pretty sounds. 
End Times is very E, as he has a sounds that belongs to him and no one else but he is also ever changing with his sound. This album had elements of the blues, very fitting. 
But mainly is was a simple album as far as the music went, a good choice as the subject matter wasn't really one to overshadow with lots of sounds. 
The subject matter being about divorce and growing old, alone. 
While listening I decided that this cd will be a good breakup cd. Along with Third Eye Blind's Ursa Major. Now all I need is someone to breakup with to put them to their use. 
By the last song I felt like crying it was that depressing. I didn't though, as by then my mother had come home. She enjoys the EELS too. Not in the same way as me, but when I listen to them she will tell me they are good, then I feel good. 
But yes, a brilliantly sad album. 
Ending with a long song, well, long for E. It has a long repeat to fade at the end, much like growing old, and fading to death. I wonder if this was intentional, or am I just doing that usual thing where I can't help but analyse things. 
It's why I watch films alone, people don't like my comments. 
No, as if, I watch films alone because I don't like people. They talk, ask questions and ruin the watching experience. You don't even have to talk, just the presence of another person is enough to make me sigh heavily, repeatedly. 

This was not the only thing I did with my morning though. Oh no. 
Afterwards I finished Assassins Creed II. 
Wow, just wow. 
The first one was good for a while, until then you realised every mission was the same and though the story was good it was not good enough to compensate. 

Number two though, amazing. 
It's so much bigger and prettier being set in Renaissance Italy. You get to see the carnival with the lush harlequins and masquerade masks. 
And the story. Well, it's a story within a story like the first, but it was again amazing, more so than the first. Lots more characters, and likable ones at that. 
And it wasn't as "samey" as the first. You follow the story without needing to go gather information in the same fashion; beat someone up, pickpocket someone, eavesdrop on someone and repeat several times. 
Nope, just good old fashioned story. And then on the side you could go around doing extras for more money. Until you get about half way through the game and money no longer becomes an issue and you can buy everything without thinking, but you still go do the extra assassinations because you want to, and because they are far more challenging.  
And The Truth thing mixed in, that was awesome. First you have to go find all the glyphs, then you have to decipher them and as a reward for all that work you get a video with Adam and Eve in, running from Eden with the forbidden fruit. But not in the normal interpretation of Eden. 
No, it's all ahead of it's time, and our time with technologies. 
This makes sense at the end once we find out more. 
To sum it up, a more advanced race settled on earth, but then a celestial disaster occurred wiping out much of civilisation, so they built a new race in their image and lived side by side until war broke out. 
Some of this advanced race remains, where they have built temples to help stop the same celestial disaster from reoccurring. 
I told you it was wow. 
You start the game thinking it's just the war between Assassins and Templars, and assassinating people to change history for the better. Then that happens! 
Now I have to wait for Assassins Creed III.  They got me hooked and leave me wanting more, damn them. 
I should stop talking about it now, I just needed to let it all out. 


And that there was my morning. 
Last night was good too, very enjoyable. 
Involving the sort of conversation that only happens when you are drunk, and then it still only occurs rarely. What a treat that was. 
I got a kebab on the way home as it only seemed right. 
And there is nothing like a warm bed, fuzzy head and a belly full of meat to make you feel content with life. 

There was more things I was going to say last night, but I can't remember any of them now. I'm sure they were interesting, or maybe meant something. 
Oh well. You win some, you lose some. 
And in this case, I win and you lose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment