Wednesday 6 January 2010

at least I'm not in Bastogne

Today I ventured into the snow with a few friends and went sledging.
I haven't been sledging for three years and had an ace time and a lot of epic bails.
The snow is forgiving which meant no injuries. It was though, as cold as I remembered.
I was wrapped up good and warm apart from my feet, they are always cold.
They will be cold on a summers day, so wearing wellies in the snow was not the most desired environment for them.
I had fun though, which is the important thing.
Afterwards we went and got warmed up with hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows on a candle. Until we ran out of marshmallows and used almonds, and after that we were just burning cocktail sticks.

Walking home I was wondering why my ankle was not aching, and this winter it hasn't ached at all. You see, many moons ago I tore the ligaments in it playing the grandest game of hide and seek in the middle of nowhere in Scotland. Ever since then it aches with the cold because of all the scar tissue.
This winter has been ache free and I like it.
Yet in summer it ached a lot, but then again there was only about three days where I wore shoes in summer. Every other day it was all about the flip flops, so that would explain it.

Now I shall leave and watch Band of Brothers. Then chances are I shall sleep as I have work tomorrow before the crack of dawn. It feels like I haven't been there in an age which is a nice feeling, and this week I just have my normal four hour shifts which means time is going to fly by! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment