Thursday 14 January 2010

The bittersweet life of a small town mk. II

I named yesterdays post The bittersweet life of a small town but failed to go into why.
Like I said, I wasn't in a much of a talky mood.
I think bittersweet is the right word to use, I don't use the word often so I could be wrong and if so, please forgive me.

I find living in a small town good and bad.
This thought was brought on when someone added me on Facebook and I knew I knew them but could not remember why. She also added my mother and was talking to her.
Then I remembered who she was, and turns out she is the sister of someone I have known of for many years. I wasn't surprised by this though, I just thought to myself "makes sense, this is Buxton after all".
And that's what it's like here. You can walk through town and bump into several people you know.
I spend most my time looking over my shoulder to make sure I avoid such situations as most people I just want to avoid.
This is because I am a terrible person. If there were a hell, that's where I'd be going.
But Dan, didn't you say a small town was bittersweet?
Yes, yes I did. So as bad as it is that everyone knows everyone and I will always see the same old faces it's not always that bad.
Makes life more friendly.
I'd prefer a city, then if you bump into anyone it will be more of a surprise and everyone loves surprises.
And if you ever see someone you know when your in a different country, well that's just amazing.

Anyway,
I didn't sit in the corner and read The Road last night because I went out instead.
I have spent much of January in the Clubhouse, watching the price of Corona go up as if it were petrol. £3.03 a bottle now, but well worth it as you get a wedge of lime.
Last night was grand. It was something I very much needed as I think I have the Winter Blues.
And I also got talk to people about things I have needed to talk about since before Christmas. Some of those words had been bottled up since as far back as summer.
I enjoy talking, I feel sometimes people think some subject matters will be awkward for me but you'll be pushed to make me awkward. I can watch a film with a sex scene with my mother and make her feel awkward, not me. Skills.
But yes, I do love talking sometimes. There isn't many times I feel like I have to get something off my chest because truth be told my youth has been pretty vacant of drama and dilemmas.
I feel like that is a shame sometimes and I occasionally feel like I missed out on a lot of growing up, but I like me and I like where I am so it doesn't matter how I got here.
So yes, last night was thoroughly enjoyable. And ordinary night but one that meant more than it's simplicity.


Another thing I am also enjoying at the moment is people saying similar things to me.
Or people saying that I should do so and so because I'll love it.
I'm enjoying this because it reminds how people do actually know me.
Most the time though I will get pissed of at people if they say I should do anything because I can be a very spiteful individual and will do the opposite of what people say just because they told me to do it, regardless of what my real feelings on the subject are.
But at the moment I am enjoying it and making the most of it.

Oops. I have gone this far and forgot it's my sisters birthday.
I need to go to the shop and get some milk then bake a cake.
Then we're all going out for a curry this evening. So I get to schedule this for an auto-post!
I could just post it now, but I enjoy playing with things such as auto-posting. The geek that I am.
Speaking of which, I need to order more Sin City.
I should probably go now as I'm sure I have managed to talk to much once again, and that cake won't bake itself.


I know. Jimmy Eat World again?
Yes.
I go through phases where I listen to them loads. Mainly in summer 
though.
But I crave the summer, hence I listen to summer bands.
I enjoy this songs lots, despite how epically emo it is. It is one of my 
favourite songs to play as it's just so... what's the word... bouncy?
I miss the summer a lot. I just want some grass and my bare feet.
Or a beach!


I believe in the sand beneath my toes,
the beach gives a feeling, and earthly feeling.
I believe in the faith that grows,
and the four right chords can make me cry.
When I'm with you I feel like I could die, and that would be alright.
Alright!


Sorry, I broke into song there. I'm actually going to go now.



1 comment:

  1. iv been listening to semi charmed life loads recently
    cause i decided it would actually make an amazing ouran amv
    iv been meaning to ask you what the software you downloaded to your mac for your firefly vid was but iv not caught you online
    but i'll probably message you in a couple of days anyway cause i dont think you check your comments

    guess what i remembered today

    "jelly on your head"

    i loled :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete