Sunday 24 January 2010

One! Two! Betty go!

I may of got out of bed yesterday, but I didn't wake up all day long. I dragged my way through the day with End Times and finished reading The Road.
I love how it didn't end with the traditional story book ending. I'm all for tragedy.
I could of finished watching Spaced, but I stopped two episodes before the end so I have something to watch in bed later tonight.

The sun was very nice this morning, forcing it's way through my curtains trying to pull them down. But then after looking out my window I saw only the sky was nice, everywhere else was grey and wintery.
The house was empty too as it's a Sunday. An empty house has a weird feeling to it.
I like it sometimes, but it always feels weird.
Cold and lifeless, even if the heating is always far too warm.
But an empty house means I can start the day with Biffy Clyro turned all the way up, and that certainly made me dance through the kitchen.
Then it was all about Rescue Me. I only started to watch that because it's about the FDNY, and that is certainly a beautiful thing.
Just look.

I'm not sure why I have the hots for fire engines. Maybe that little boy who wanted to be a fireman never grew up and is in me still. Along with the boy who wanted to be Indiana Jones and all the other crazes I went through. And still go through.
Anyway. I am glad I started to watch Rescue Me even if it was just for the eye candy as it turned out to be really good. I love Lou, he is hilarious. I'll be there chuckling through a whole episode just because of him.
Jesus keeps turning up in it now, bleeding everywhere. It's annoying because I don't like Jesus, but it's an American show. Other than that though, it's all good.

Afterwards I was fresh out of ideas for what to do. I had films to watch but didn't feel like it. Neither did I want to read. So I had the great idea that I should draw something.
Ten minutes later I was sat there cursing about how I couldn't draw anything let alone come up with anything to do.
Then about another ten minutes later I got over that hurdle and drew a koi.
It's only taken twenty-four days but I have finally started to do what I want to do with this year.
I might even do it all again tomorrow, or for varieties sake, play guitar all day.
I also need to get good at my story telling as I really fancy making a graphic novel. Not a serious one, oh no.
Just one to please myself and no one else. Like having myself becoming a cryptic crime fighter who uses brains over brawn and on my travels I encounter Mary Jane. Then romance, tragedy and hilarity ensues.
Never know, that could be my stepping stone to millions.
But I need that killer story line. I am fast running out of reading material so it's only a matter of time before I am sat in bed writing and not reading.
Tonight though, I'll be watching Spaced. However that has both writers and artists in, so I am definitely putting myself in the right environment.

I wish I had musical and comic book friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment