Monday 25 January 2010

They're all too busy fighting for a good place under the lighting


The word crazy does not even begin to describe the dreams I had last night.
They were very deep and the big full on, you can almost touch them dreams.
I'm taking this to be a good sign because most my dreams are practically nothing different from everyday life, I would pretty much dream about going to work, going to sixth form, meeting up with people I know. It didn't make going to sleep much fun.
But last night my brain was on fire. Maybe from all that Spaced I watched, and How I Met Your Mother. Or that I actually drew something and played guitar and got excited about something.
The reason doesn't really matter as the product was fucking immense!
And speaking of sleep, I got twelve hours of the stuff. Didn't get up till twelve o'clock.
That is a huge deal because I wake up at around half past eight no matter what time I go to bed. The extra sleep was very welcome.

Todays movie was Quadrophenia.
A good enough movie. Seven out of ten.
I'm no fan of the Mod subculture. I don't think the music was good enough to warrant such a following.
Wearing suits was pretty cool and I like suits. It's just a real big shame that the suits had to be stuck to the Mods. And their hair was ghastly. Gross.
But the film was good. It's always nice to watch an old craze with subcultures. It happens every generation as now we have chavs and emos.
It's one thing I look forward to about having kids, seeing what they will love. What music will there be, and then I get to surround them in my music and get called old for it. They'll love me for it.

I finished Spaced last night. There could be a third series one day but I don't mind if there isn't because the second one ended on a high. Sure there were still questions and possible story lines to follow, but it ended at an ending, if you follow.
And I am used to watching short running programs. The longest being five seasons.
Apart from CSI, that's on season nine and I am still watching. However in that, the story and character development is all but gone. You might only see one character for five minutes now whereas in season two everyone would be there all the time. I just can't help but keep watching it as there are occasional moments of good tv but the whodunit element is fast slipping away too. I hope it ends at season ten because at this rate I'll have to give up and throw in the towel.
Back to Spaced.

Awesome stuff. It's the kind of program that leaves me chuckling all the way through and there will be one simple sentence, sometimes just a word which will make me laugh far too much.
And the quirky bunch of misfits they are, I wish I was in a group of people like that.
I'll find them eventually.
Until then though, I will carry on watching films and tv, reading books and wishing all these fictional characters were sat in my room with me.
And some of them, well I wish they were in my bed if you know what I mean.
Kaylee could get my engine running.
Mary Jane would get me web slinging.
Summer would get me hot under the collar.
I'd like to morph with Tonks.
Lily, I'd... I'm struggling with an innuendo here. I'd smell that flower...? No, doesn't work. Maybe something about stems. I dunno. Anyway, Lily, I'd totally do her.
I'd make that flower blossom? Maybe that one will do.
That's probably enough of my fantasies now. Well, for now at least.

What else did my day yield that I wish to discuss with you?
Oh yeah, I had a heart to heart with my mum. Well as close as I will ever got to a heart to heart with a family member. I feel like I should make more effort with talking to my family about things but I rarely have anything I need to talk about.
I do enjoy having my family around but most the time I just like to fade into the background. I like things happening around me so that I can just step back from it all.
I am good at talking when I need to. This month is a fine example of that and how I have said more that I thought I ever would.
Actually, I knew I would say it all because I plan conversations in my head all the time but most the time I have not a lot to talk about when it comes to myself because I do my best to avoid melodrama. I don't like to whine about something when I know come next week I wont give a shit.
I'm also a person who finds it incredible easy to let go of things, so whereas some people need to talk, I can just let go of something.
And might I add, it's the best way to live. You could die at any moment so why let yourself be eaten up by the past. Go out into the world, climb high, run forward and see how far you can go before you die.
Yeah, I'm very bad at inspiring people and offering advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment