Wednesday 20 January 2010

there's going to be a party when the wolf comes home



I had some bizarre dreams last night. To name one, I was an assassin in late 15th Century Venice.
Who says I am easily influenced by my surroundings.

Once again I have little to say.
I could talk about Haiti as that is still big news.
The earthquake was bad, but it's nice that the world is helping - right?
Well, yes and no.
It's good we are helping, giving them the much needed aid but Haiti is the poorest county in the Americas and it took an earthquake for us to finally offer them some help.
It's like Africa. That has so much debt that it will never be able to pay us back, poverty is a huge issue and they have so many corrupt governments. These things don't qualify as a disaster though.
It's not all doom and gloom, there is a fair old amount of charity work occurring and helping.
I dunno.
I just got pissed off at some celebrity on the tv who was having a fund raiser to help Haiti. Come on, you have all this money but you will only part with it once a huge disaster has occurred and killed thousands.
Why not part with some of that money and give people a better life without the catalyst of a disaster.
I know I am making a blanket statement, I know there are plenty of rich people who give away their money all the time.
I also know it's easy for me to sit here and complain with my limited knowledge when I have no idea how to run a business, let alone a county, and let alone the world.
But that wont stop me from venting out my various hates of the world.

Work tomorrow. That has snuck up on me.
I really don't want to go. It's the same old story every night before work. It makes me feel sad to know I have to go to work. I hate jobs, what a depressing way to waste a life.
However, once I am at work I will be fine because all the things I will be doing will stop me from thinking, and I will get on with what needs doing without my angry thoughts.
And then once I come home from work, I wont feel like I have wasted a morning. In fact, I'll have that feeling of a job well done.
But right now, with the shadow of 5am all too near, I never want to work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment