Saturday 16 January 2010

End Times


I can't think of much to talk about today.
I'm in a very good mood so I think my content feeling is making me all the more care free.

I got my early night last night. I went up at 7pm and watched The Bourne Ultimatum. It's such a good male film with espionage, conspiracy, a car chase and murder by towel.

Yesterday I was looking high and low for a book. A Dame To Kill For, from the Sin City series. It's the second book of seven and it's the only one that the entire world has none of.
And I don't fancy getting it on Ebay for £70.
I don't understand why this particular volume is so difficult to buy and I am pretty sure it was in stock on Amazon the other week.
I think there must of been a warehouse fire in the only warehouse that stocked it.
I asked WHSmiths to find the book for me. They say one to two weeks, so until then I will have to make do with other reading material.

Work was really good today I thought. I was really awake and the person on with me was also part time so I felt more free, as it were. I have some more burns to add to story of my life and I doubt that no amount of time and practice will stop my accumulation of burns.
And with all the extra hours I did over Christmas I banked a fair old number of holiday hours which I need to use up before April. Look's like Dan will be getting a week or more off soon.

Tonight may be a night in for me, but I have my Aunt and Uncle coming.
This means lots of food, and once again lots of alcohol.
I'm on the donor register so I should care for my liver more, I'm no dying alcoholic though so I'm sure everything is good and where it should be.
I don't think I have ever had such a busy month, and it's only the 16th. I am loving it!


I just pre-ordered End Times. The new EELS album.
Comes out on the 19th, so I should get it on the 20th/21st.
I could download it and have it on the day seems how my CD player doesn't work, but if I keep buying CDs it might make me buy a new CD player.
And it might be a really pretty CD with pictures, just like my Third Eye Blind one was.
I think this album will be a depressingly uplifting one.
Yes, that's right, depressingly uplifting.
And what does a new album mean? Album world tour! So I hope, and if my hopes aren't slashed I'll be there.
Then I will just need to see Third Eye Blind, which wont be so easy.
Harder still, Tammany Hall NYC. Assuming they are still a band.
Jeff Mangum has sadly fallen off the music world.
Joe Strummer, well he's dead.
The Mountain Goats are headlining some UK festival this summer, but I'm not digging £130 just to see them. I have the optimistic thought of if they are over here, they might as well play a few locations. We shall wait and see.
But hey, I saw the Goo Goo Dolls. That was a beautiful night.

Speaking of which.
Where is their new album as they released a new song nearly two years ago.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment