Wednesday 13 January 2010

The bittersweet life of a small town.



I feel I talk to much so I shall try to be concise tonight. I also can't be arsed talking on and on either.

I read all of the first Sin City last night in one sitting. It was Marv-elous! Anyone get the pun? Thought not.
This now means that I need to buy the rest.
I said that this year I would try and do more arty things but so far those words have remained hollow. But reading so many comics is bound to be a virtue and not a vice as I'm sure it will inspire me more.
I also said I should play more guitar and do more music related activities.
And I am doing okay on that front. Like today after my shower I played guitar until I was dry. No need for a towel when you have Rory.
Still, I was just playing along to my iTunes but that will again inspire me.
So I hope.

I had work today. Started at 12pm not 6am which was a blessing. Finished at 4pm. A nice short day.
Seemed to take forever though as the shop is so dead and there was nothing for me to do apart from little things. But I do love the little things sometimes, like putting stickers on bags. Slow, steady, mundane and meditative - beautiful.

Not sure what to do tonight. I don't want to do anything really.
I would be happy just to sit in the corner hugging the lamp light and reading The Road until I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment