Saturday 9 January 2010

as Bon Jovi once said:


Until I'm 6 feet under 

Baby I don't need a bed 

Gonna live while I'm alive 
I'll sleep when I'm dead 
Till they roll me over 
And lay my bones to rest 
Gonna live while I'm alive 
I'll sleep when I'm dead 
 I do enjoy Bon Jovi. It's one of the things I can thank my mother for.
Food, home, clothes, the birth, Bon Jovi and Meat Loaf.

I had myself and excellent night last night. I loved it so much. I have never really been a person who goes out all the time as I do love just a dvd and my bed, however this year so far has been amazing for going out.
I didn't start the year with any intention of making it amazing, or saying I'll make it the best year ever.
And no, this doesn't seem like the best year of my life is just starting, it's just a normal year but how I have craved some normal, average fun.
And last night was nothing special but it was a lovely night out. I love a night which can have conversation spanning from The OC to taxes. Talking about money and adult things, that was odd as it was a first but I liked it. It's one thing they never teach you as you grow up. School just teach you that sex is bad but fail to mention the bureaucracy of the world.
I also had a personal talk with someone. That's something I have missed. It's rare people will talk like that in person I have found with the internet. Sure it's easier on the internet as it's impersonal and that makes it easier, call me old fashioned but I like conversations that come from the heart to be face to face.
It was good to know that I am still hilarious as I made a couple of excellent jokes.
It was close to 0100 hours when I got home, and I had to get up at 0500 hours for work. I did plan on leaving the evening earlier but I didn't want to, I knew if I left I'd feel a bit sad because I was having a blast.
I'm glad I decided that good company was better than sleep.
And four hours sleep was plentiful, though getting out of bed was a challenge work was fine and I felt more awake than usual. It helped that I was in the back prepping all the chicken which was a nice change and kept me more entertained. I was also alone back there so I sang to my hearts content.


When I got home my tiredness hit me. I stayed up to have some lunch, lots of fried goodness and then I went to bed for the afternoon only to get up later for pizza.
Today has been pretty much a day of necessities. Work, eat, sleep.

Tonight I am going to enjoy doing nothing at all.
Actually, I think I will do nothing all weekend long. And it sure will be a great weekend.
Read some books, watch some films, play some Dragon Age. I think the most outlandish thing I will do is play guitar, or maybe even getting dressed.

Tonight I shall watch the final episode of Band of Brothers. It's a gudden'! And it is also one of the most beautiful things my eyes have had the pleasure of seeing.
The lighting in it is the best ever. It still has a low saturation like the rest of the series giving it that 1940s feel, but the lighting is so glorious. And so it should be as the war has ended.
I like how it has flashbacks in the episode which show the huge lighting difference showing us just how much change has occurred.
And the baseball scene at the end is the best ending anyone could ever think of. Everyone there with beaming faces in a golden light. Even Buck is there with a grin across his face which then causes my face to light up.
The voice over tells us what each man went on to do with his life and that with them all playing baseball without their uniforms reminds us that they are all just men. Not soldiers, not killers, but just average men in a not so average situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment