Friday 15 January 2010

There are no pan-Asian supermarkets down in hell...

... so you can't buy Golden Boy peanuts.
Just some helpful advice from a song.

Yesterday's pictures were from Land of the Dead. Kudos to those who knew that, which would of been none of you.
I put them there as my hangover cure for yesterday was coffee and Land of the Dead. And I just couldn't think of any pictures to illustrate whatever I was talking about.
It's a very enjoyable film, more so this time round because last time I watched it I was busy doing that friendship thing.
I like how it says even at the end of the world the rich will divide themselves from the poor.
You've got zombies at your door but you will still give money it's useless value.

I also like how the zombies seem to get smarter, less instinctual and more thought to planning.
It's unlikely that when zombies take over the world this will happen, but it made for a good story in a film.
I haven't a clue where I got my love for zombies from. I was trying to think of the first zombie film I watched but nothing is coming to mind.
This picture here is from Day of the Dead, a sadly underrated film.
It was that scene which made me fall in love with special effects.

My evening last night was a most enjoyable one.
I had the best curry I have ever eaten, and I have sure eaten many.
And my cake. Well, that too was the best cake I have ever eaten.
Screw modesty, my cake was fucking amazing! It was perfect. I might go get some more right now to remind me how good it is.
Quiet a bit of alcoholic beverage was consumed once more. We're only half way through this month but I am pretty sure I have spent most of it drunk.
Damn proud I am.
I still need to work on my dinner talk I think. I talk about things that give children nightmares, such as 99942 Apophis. I can't help it, I'm fascinated with the end of the world.
Then I had a debate with my mum about who was the better cook. This soon became childish resulting in retorts such as, "no, I'm better!"
Better than usual dinner talk though.
"Bad weather..."
"... yeah. How are you?"
"Okay. You?"
"Same."
"..."
"..."

I was pretty much dead at work today. I'm blaming my cough for that. I might even have to go to the doctors and pay for a prescription.
Or lie and tick the education or benefits box.
And the rain has returned!
I enjoyed it, it was a much loved change from the constant whiteness.
And a nice walk in the rain can be ever so cleansing and uplifting. Well it is for me.

I think I'll go chop up the Christmas tree and maybe follow it with more manly activities and then have a really, really early night in the hope it will make me just a little more alive for tomorrow.
Now here's a depressing song. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment