Wednesday 3 February 2010

Ella! Ella!

I'm in a mighty fine mood today.
I got up much later than I intended. I got up at twelve o'clock. It was hard to get to sleep last night, it was one of those nights where you get to an inch within sleep and then you have to roll over to get comfy again.
So yeah, up late today which meant I hardly did any of the things I was going to do. I'll do them tomorrow, which is what I have been saying for a week but tomorrow is the day I will do it.
All that aside, my good mood has to be down to what I have been listening to. I listened to my two greatest playlists. My funeral playlist which is amazing and then afterwards I listened to Book Yourself Into a Soul Asylum.
Yes, as in the Oasis lyrics, and that song is in there too. It's just a really uplifting playlist.
Well, uplifting for me. If anyone else ever listened to it they would probably breakdown with depression.
I also listened to my live Goo Goo Dolls cd which never fails to make me smile. Reminds me of when I saw them and how beautiful that night was.
I'm starting to enjoy what I am drawing more now. Usually once I finish something I look at it thinking it could be better but at the moment I don't have much self loathing so I just turn the page rather than rip them out. But each day when I come downstairs and look what I did the day previous I think they look much better. There are two possible reasons for this, either looking at something all day makes me more critical and I just need to step back now and again. Or, elves come out at night and make everything better.

The snow, hey. How about that. I watched the news and they said it was going to snow and then it did. I saw it when I went upstairs for a drink but it was only light and not sticking.
Then when I came back upstairs for food everything was white. That sure took me by surprise.
I don't mind the snow, I enjoy it. It's nice to look at and nice to be out in and it's much better to have a white winter than a bleak and grey one.

And to contrast the snow, I think I am going to Greece this summer for a week.
I could go for two weeks but then I would have to pay for more the second week and as much as I love my family I don't think I could hack two weeks with them.
I would also get really lonely if I was there for too long because there would be no one else for me to hang around with as I don't think Bev will be able to go.
And I will really miss Rory.
So a week is ample. A week with my best friend, the sea.
I am going to aim to get up everyday just before sunrise, walk down the road and go swimming each morning. Then I will come back and have breakfast. Next I will go to the pool or beach and sleep until lunch time. Afterwards I will maybe go for another swim or read a book and probably sleep some more. Then an evening swim.
Go back for a shower and go out for a meal.
Then afterwards go to my favourite bar in the entire world if it is still there.
And I will repeat this for a week.
I just want to sit on the beach alone in the morning, it's going to be gorgeous. And I'll be there singing Beautiful World as I swim past the wide breakers, where a man can still be free.

This year is really shaping up to be a good one. When it started I had no real plans for it other than it being the stepping stone to next year when I would be doing things. But it's only been one month and everything has changed. I had a great January with great company and now I am really starting to chase something I want to do with my life, or at least a couple of years of my life. I don't think I could wait another year.
Then we have Third Eye Blind in May.
For a year I had no hopes for, it now looks like this will be the best year to date.

Now though, I must go make myself sleepy by drinking tea, having a bath and watching a social commentary about 70's consumerism and the Vietnam War (Dawn of the Dead) as I have work tomorrow. I also have it the day after, and the day after that both of which are full days so I say roll on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment