Saturday 27 February 2010

Sleep will soon be mine.

Today has been the best day of work by far.
It was Fran and me to set up and you'd probably think that the two of us wouldn't have a good set up, but we had an excellent one. So much so that we got praise from the managers, and it's always nice to have that pat on the back for a job well done.
We all shared an annoyance for one individual, and that gave us a nice bond for a moment.
Got my appraisal done too.
Shared my lunch break with Fran and Matt which was nice because I have been all busy recently so I haven't had much chance to have a good old conversation. We talked about films and art, but nothing at all pretentious.
It was just a nice day filled with good company with a helping of laughter and talk.
And it will continue like that later when I go out and see everyone again.
Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the best customers ever. You know those sort of people who are all grand and confident, well I had three of them, all friends.
Throwing around some banter and small talk, it felt like I had been friends with them for ages.
I threw in some extra ribs for their awesomeness.
They asked if there was an employee survey because they wanted to tell everyone how great I was, it was a great boost to me. There was no survey sadly, so they just told Rochelle that I was the man.

I'm sure there was going to be more substance to this but once more that has all become lost as I recalled my pleasing day.
I've just been killing time until I leave the house again. I haven't been killing the time well, too tired.
Next week is going to be more forgiving and I'll be a good working boy when I pick up more theatrical blood on Monday.
I'm thinking a Glasgow smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment