Wednesday 17 February 2010

Reflection, Mexican and paint.

Ah, a day to myself. And I used to well.
I decided to paint. Most of the time I hate painting, or paint hates me, or both. I just don't enjoy it as much as other things and it's something I so rarely do I have no style or skill.
But once in a blue moon I have the urge to use a brush and today was such a day.
And like most things it started badly but I soon found myself. Then I threw blood at it and it was done.
I listened to the radio all day as well. I am addicted to it and have been since I went away for that weekend.
Wow, that was in the early days of November. That feels like an age ago because so much has changed between then and now, yet I am still listening to the radio.
It makes a house feel more full, with all the music and talking and it's much better than watching the tv as that requires both eyes and ears, the radio just needs my ears so I can do whatever.

I was supposed to have a party tonight while the house is empty but there is a lack of people. There would be just enough for an awkward gathering rather than a party.
But I don't mind because I was easy about whatever I would end up doing tonight. If there was a party I would love it and drink too much again.
But if I was to spend my night in alone I would love the peace and quiet and watch a film.
It's just an easy going day for an easy going Dan.
I was filled with a sudden urge to write a song after hearing something really pleasing on the radio but Rory was in the cellar and I was comfy so this urge was never grasped.
So instead I made some fajitas and salsa. Ten minutes, from scratch. If I was a woman I'd be the perfect wife, I'm just that amazing.

Yesterday was pancake day (or for those annoying types, Shrove Tuesday) so now it's the start of lent. I can't remember what lent is about, something about something for forty days. There is very little religious about lent these days now, it just seems to be the second attempt for failed new years resolutions.
So what have you given up? You don't need to answer that, I don't actually care.
I haven't given anything up and I haven't even thought about it because I completely forgot that pancake day existed until it was here. I did have pancakes, I had them for breakfast covered with butter, peanut butter and jam. Lush times.
But no, there is nothing striking in my life that could be a good thing to give up for lent.
I've only given up something once, and that was coffee. It truly was the most bizarre forty days of my existence. I wont go into the details because I'll just sound crazy, well it was crazy. Crazy, crazy days.
I gave it up because I was drinking lots of it all the time and decided it would be a good test of will power as I sometimes want to take up smoking just to give it up without any help just to see if I have the will to do it because it doesn't look that hard.
Nope, I shall be filling each day from now until Easter Egg Day with whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment