Thursday 11 February 2010

F/V Cornelia Marie

Sad times in the world of Dan. I read on IMDB that Phil Harris had died, captain of the Cornelia Marie and star of Deadliest Catch.
And it wasn't just a passing sadness when you read some bad news, this genuinely upset me big time.
It's not like when a character from a program dies, this was a real man with a real family.
He died of a stroke. His health has been shitty the past couple of years but he survived a blot clot going through his heart so with a feat like that you'd think he'd stick around forever.
But no, sad times.
Last night I wanted to watch some Deadliest Catch but for the first time ever it wasn't on so I had to make do with a program about torture while I played mahjong. Yeah, solitaire has been replaced by mahjong now.

Today I woke up at exactly the same time that I woke up yesterday, 8:23am. How strange.
This mornings film was Dumplings. It was a very good film and one I would recommend wholeheartedly. However I don't think anyone would watch it once they know what it's about.
In a nutshell this woman makes dumplings that make you more youthful and the secret ingredient is unborn babies. And if you care to now, a five month baby from a first time mother is the one that will have the greatest rejuvenating effect.
Think what you will but it was a good film, one of those ones that have a huge fantasy element but the story is so good that for the whole time the movie is on you believe it is all possible.

I was fed up with drawing today and wanted to make something happen. It didn't help that I had everything I needed to play around with make up but one thing. Impatience won today.
I should of been more patient because substituting and improvising got nothing to work. I also put derma wax on me only to realise straight away that I had nothing to remove it with.
None of it was at all confidence building but that will teach me to be impatient.
But I did manage to get all the wax off. I needed something with alcohol in but I didn't feel like routing female rooms for makeup remover. Mouthwash has methanol in so I used that and it worked well.
Then to get the rest I thought, "all this is hydrophobic so I can't use anything water based".
Vaseline.
So finally my A levels in biology and chemistry have proved themselves useful.
I learnt my lesson, I'll be patient and good.
Maybe, it's hard to be good a patient when I am constantly buying new things.
I say again, it's a good job I have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment