Thursday 18 February 2010

Not for me.

I'm not actually here right now, this is the wonder of technology.
Because of this I'm not so sure what there is to talk about.
It's Friday tomorrow. My family returns home tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to this, not because I have missed them but I want the camera so I can get on with doing make-up related things.
This means I will have to clean the house tomorrow. It's not a mess as I have contained myself pretty much to three rooms but doing a few little bits is bound to be a good jesture.
There is also a mountain of ironing so I shall dent that. I don't mind ironing. It's steady and methodical which puts me in a good state of mind. Then throw in a bit of music and I'm a very happy Dan.

Last night I fianlly watched The Godfather. It was a right of passage for me as it has always been there my entire life being called the greatest film ever made.
It was an okay film. No way near the greatest film ever made. I think I must of missed something because it seemed to have nothing a great film has.
The acting was fine but there was only one nice shot in the whole film. I feel like some of the characters had large voids in them because there was nothing to show what kind of people they were.
The music was nothing special and the cross fade was used between nearly every scene which royally pissed me off.
I didn't mind that it was a slow film because I have seen, and loved, many slow films but I didn't find the dialogue at all engaging. Again, it just felt like there was a lot missing. There probably was because of all the things that would of been cut. The filmmakers would of known the characters inside out whereas we don't.
But I do think I must of missed something, there has to be something hidden deep down in it to make so many people call it the greatest film ever made.
It didn't help that I am not a huge fan of crime films (apart from The Departed). I was expecting some big and beautiful intricate web of a film but it seemed too simple.
Maybe it needs to be watched again when I don't need to focus to remember all the names and then I will notice things in the background which will expand the characters and story.
I'm a little sad that I didn't fall in love with this film.
For so long I have been meaning to watch it and for whatever reasons I never did. Now I have seen it and it passed me by just like any other average film.
I don't really like The Shawshank Redemption much. It's a good film, a very good one with lovely bonds between people but it again feels like it is missing something to make it a great film.
The IMDB top 250 can't be trusted.
Dispite my let down I'm going to watch The Godfather Part II.
My heart obviously belongs to Leon and The Dark Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment