Thursday 4 February 2010

What's that you're cooking? Blood.

Today I was going to set out to what I was going to do last week. But I didn't.
Two reasons, I had missed the deadline for one of the courses I was looking at which was no fault of mine as I only found it after it's deadline.
Second reason being I found a better sounding course. Again it's a foundation in make-up and special effects but this one then lets you progress to the next course up. And then if I still can't get enough of it after two years I can do a top up to a real degree. However this course is at Leicester College.
It doesn't really make much of a difference though because if I go there then I will be spending my money on accommodation rather than travel. I'd just need to get a new job.
This is all assuming I get there.
I had a really nice chat on the phone to the college even though I have nothing more than a GCSE in art, and not a particularly good one at that because I decided exam preparation was too much like hard work.
I was a good student.
But yeah, I really enjoy it when people are just as happy as me on the phone. They make my day and I probably make their day too with my upbeat attitude.
The way they explained things to me is you apply by form and then you get a interview regardless. If so that's awesome because my application form isn't going to look all to great because I was a hardcore scientist. And interviews aren't scary, and I would love having an interview about something I have an interest in because then I wont shut up long enough for them to even ask me questions.
Yet this all I means I have a fucktonne of work to do. I am being a good boy though, this is my fourth day spent in the cellar drawing all day. Now I just need to stop being distracted as often and leave Rory alone for a while. He'll understand, he knows not to be jealous of a skinny pencil when he has that sexy, voluptuous body of his.
I also need to expand out more, I'm thinking Asian art. Or I could just do everything in pastels because they are quick and easy and make you look better than you actually are.
If you haven't noticed, I'm still really excited about life.
It's weird, I have always imagined since junior school that I would go to university and become successful but now I am looking at doing some vocational course at a college. Goodbye academia.
Maybe this will work in my favour, they'll see me and say "wow, this kid has thrown away what could of been a rich and prosperous life in science for slumming it with art."
Yeah, that's exactly what they'll say.

My dermawax came today. Now hopefully tomorrow I'll get my makeup and latex then I can play around and have a fun afternoon. I also picked up ingredients for blood on my way out of work. I couldn't find any liquid glucose but luckily I'm not all braun and beauty, I have brains too and new I could just mix up a thick gel with corn flour and water. It worked out well, added some food colourings, strawberry syrup and balsamic vinegar. It looks good and flows good, however the mix of those smells is rank. It may be edible but I'm not digging having that in my mouth.
I managed to spill some as well and the kitchen looked like a crime scene. This was a good thing as it let me admire what a fine job I had done.
Only for my mum to be grossed out by two cups of blood on the side. As I have told you before, I find great pride in scaring and grossing people out.
And speaking of mother dearest, I let her into my life and told her what I had been doing with my day which lead to a nice talk.

Who'da funked it? Me going to see Third Eye Blind and maybe even going into higher education this year.
Well no matter what I think I really need to be doing something come September because I have gotten myself far too excited so if I fail to get on any of the courses I apply for I will try just a plain art foundation and some local, crappy place.
Life is great even if I am going to be twenty at the end of the year. Twenty...gross.
Nineteen though, I didn't like it at first. It made me sound older when I didn't feel it but now I like it. It's a good age.
I'm going to stop talking now because I could go on and on all night long because I'm so chipper. So stoked.
And I have work again tomorrow at six until three. Yep, a real man's shift, for real men - and Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment