Saturday 6 March 2010

Enlighten me.

There is little like painting a buddha to make you feel peaceful. It has made me think that I should carry on reading my book about Buddhism because it is so beautiful and interesting. I will always struggle with finding any concrete belief in life, but I should try harder.
I was complaining about art preparation the other day to someone and how I didn't like it and saw no need for it which is why I did practically none. Yet today I have painted my simple and scaled down buddha just to see if I can do it. Turns out prep wasn't as pointless as I first thought, not quite anyway.

I'm still rocking my high. Filled with Tammany Hall NYC and whatever I feel like doing. I'm enjoying the more broad term of art more than just make up and this is making me ponder about what course I should do. But it doesn't matter greatly because whatever I choose doesn't mean I have to stick strictly to that.
I like the look of Somerset only because when people say Somerset my head is filled with general prettiness. And yes, I am applying to places for their location. Bournemouth looks good to, I think. Their website is broken today so I haven't had a good old look. But I think that will more likely be a place to go after studying something for a year or two.
Maybe I'll just go study loads of courses and be a student till I am thirty and then become a lecturer for one of the things I liked the best. I'll be there with a beard, still rocking the ginger hair, tweed jacket with elbow pads along with glasses teaching tomorrows youth about horror films and make up.
Shit man, I'm getting pretty attached to this fantasy now.
Just another possibility for Future Dan to take.

Now because I'm full to the top with a colourful mood I will talk about the sun. Not the craptacular tabloid, I'm talking about the big old, nuclear fusion ball in the sky.
It decided to grace us with uninterrupted company this week much to the delight of everyone. Myself included and I am also ashamed to say that I too had a Facebook status commenting on the sun.
I did have the Winter Blues before and I thought I craved summer but now with the sun beaming I realise I just wanted some colour.
I forgot how much I love the low winter sun. How it blinds you as you walk into it and it bathes everywhere in that gorgeous light. Love it.
I would be happy if the world were to stay like this forever but I do look forward to dusting off the flip flops and pulling up the shorts. I wanted it to be a summers afternoon the other day after gorging on pub grub, to just lie in the grass and do some intense digesting would of made the day perfect.

I need a haircut. No, I don't need one but I want one. It can be like taming a lion somedays but most days I wake up and it looks great. It's the only heartbreak in my life, I wake up with awesome hair and there is no one to share it with. And when that's your only heartbreak you know that life is treating you bloody great.
I also want a hair cut because of watching Long Way Round. I'm not even going to pretend that it has nothing to do with Ewan McGregor. He's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment