Monday 1 March 2010

Make me smile.

I have been forgetting to express my joy for over a week now. I'm so happy that Avatar didn't win the Best Film BAFTA. It just seems to me that everyone loves it because of it's 3D-ness. I know I say that you can't complain about film physics when you want to watch a film to be entertained, but I am complaining about this because it seems to be more of an attraction than a film.
I'm sure it's a good attraction, but just looking at it a reading about it, it surely can't be a good film because it's the same old story but with new technologies. Neither does it have any good actors, and James Cameron is a dick. 
I still haven't seen Avatar and I don't intend to. Once it's out of the cinemas it will be easy to avoid because the dvd wont match up to the IMAX. 
call me old fashioned but I like films that get you involved by having a good story and good characters and not need to put the film on the end of your nose to "involve" you. 
I would like to think that Avatar wont win many Oscars, but that isn't going to happen. 
I am also not liking that 3D is making yet another comeback. Hopefully this will be just as short lived as all the other attempts to make it last otherwise people will now be thinking lets make it like this as it will look great in 3D. 
And another film in 3D, Alice in Wonderland...
Tim Burton...
Eurgh.
I saw the trailer for it yesterday and I made the quick judgement that it's shit. Tim Burton is someone else I hate. His films pretty much always have the same cast who look like they have just been in an explosion in a chalk factory. I also hate the people that are uber fans of him, with all that Nightmare Before Christmas crap. They make me hurt. 
I hate him so much because he's more of an artist than a director and I also hate artists. Well, not them personally, not really. There are just few artists who I like, that styles for them but not for me. 
I'm just obviously a very picky person. 
But to counteract all this talk of hate, I'll tell you something that I love. 
That Japanese wave painting, I forget the name and who did it but it is one of the few pieces of art I can confidently say that I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment